Lava crowns & bridges
Lava crowns & bridges are made with a zirconia framework which is a high-tech ceramic milled to a precision fit with Cad Cam technology. Lava Zirconia restorations are as strong as metal based crowns & bridges with many advantages:-
- More natural appearance
- Eliminates grey shadows on gums
- Totally bio compatible feel like natural teeth.
- Nearly as beautiful as nature itself
The difference between a metal crown and a Lava crown when a light shines through.
Lava crowns & bridges are made from zirconium oxide (zirconia). This is a ceramic material similar to the natural ceramic of your teeth. Once the zirconia has been made into a restoration it has such a natural appearance that it can hardly be distinguished from natural teeth.
Lava crowns & bridges allow the light to shine through restorations just like normal teeth. The zirconia framework is coloured to match the individual colour of your teeth before the fine layers of veneer ceramic are applied to it. In this way the colour and translucency of your own teeth are imitated to the very core. With every smile Lava crowns & bridges will show their natural beauty without ever being noticed.
- Excellent aesthetics and translucency.
- Outstanding marginal fit.
- Superior strength of zirconia with high fracture resistance.
- Preparation is similar to PFM.
- Preparations require removal of less tooth structure.
- Cementation can be accomplished using proven, conventional techniques.